Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue, and Resiliency
March 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDTCA$100.00
Vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue impact the lives of professionals in the justice, child welfare, mental health, and health care systems in psychological, social, physical and spiritual ways. Working with vulnerable populations can be a rewarding career but it is also one with emotional and psychological risks. Participants will explore the ‘occupational hazards’ faced by those in the helping professions. This interactive online training will integrate best practices and current research in a meaningful way to support the reduction of vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout both at the individual level and at the organizational level. Participants will learn how to identify and monitor for signs of vicarious trauma.
- Build resiliency strategies to cope with the demands of working with vulnerable individuals and communities.
- Understand both individual and organizational risks and protective factors around the transfer of trauma.
- Understand and identify the warning signs of compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma.
- Build resilience strategies to reduce the impact of traumatic exposure.
- Understand how individuals and organizations can promote resilience.