- This event has passed.
Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue and Resiliency
December 1, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue impact the lives of professionals in the health care, child welfare, mental health, and justice systems in psychological, social, physical and spiritual ways. Working with vulnerable populations can be a rewarding career but it is also one with emotional and psychological risks.
Participants will explore the ‘occupational hazards’ faced by those in the helping professions.
This interactive online training will integrate best practices and current research in a meaningful way to support the reduction of vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout both at the individual level and at the organizational level. Participants will learn how to identify and monitor for signs of vicarious trauma.
Participants will be:
- Building resiliency strategies to cope with the demands of working with vulnerable individuals and communities.
- Understanding both individual and organizational risks and protective factors around the transfer of trauma.
- Understanding and identifying the warning signs of compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma.
- Building resilience strategies to reduce the impact of traumatic exposure.
- Understanding how individuals and organizations can promote resilience.
This event is an online training workshop. Ticket holders will receive an email with the invitation to join the training closer to the event start date.
Audience tags (who is the training for): First Responders, Nurses, Psychotherapists and Social Worker