Child Inclusive Mediation
In this advanced course for family mediators, develop the specialized knowledge and practical skills necessary to elevate the authentic Voice of the Child in mediation. Children have the right to be heard when important decisions are being made about them. Yet, involving children in family decision-making can be complex and must be done with great sensitivity and care. Learn how to interview children and provide non-evaluative feedback to parents for the purposes of mediation.
- What does it mean to include the child’s voice in mediation
- Explore different models for gathering the child’s voice
- Evaluate parent readiness and provide feedback to parents
- Learn relevant practice guidelines, legislation, and steps to complete the process
- Understand ethical considerations and risk mitigation